Unofficial WhatsApp apps to banned!
If you have been using the unofficial versions of WhatsApp, Now your time is due! The Facebook owned instant messaging platform has updated its FAQs and has warn users about unofficial apps and has asked them to migrate to the official app.
WhatsApp also justified that the ban is just temporary with the intent to ensure that more users move to official WhatsApp app.
. The warning was reported by WABetaInfo, which said users of unofficial WhatsApp may be ban and went on to mention the names like WhatsApp plus and GB WhatsApp which are all unofficial whatsApp apps.
“Unsupported apps, such as WhatsApp Plus and GB WhatsApp, are altered versions of WhatsApp. These unofficial apps are developed by third parties and violate our Terms of Service. WhatsApp doesn’t support these third-party apps because we can’t validate their security practices,” WABetainfo said.
How to migrate data from GB WhatsApp to official WhatsApp
1. Before switching to the real WhatsApp, back up your data.
2. For this, go to options > Chats > Back up chats.
3. Now, go to phone settings and click on storage. Then, click on files.
4. Find the folder GB WhatsApp and tap and hold to select it.
5. Rename it to WhatsApp.
6. Now, download WhatsApp from Play Store.
7. Verify your number and on the Backup found screen, tap Restore > Next.
8. WhatsApp will load with your data.
From analysis technologygist.com advise users of such third party whatsApp apps to migrate to the official whatsApp to prevent lost of data and general discomfort in using whatsapp, the official whatsApp app has been frequently updated to make the app more amazing to use.
If you have any problem with migrating to the official app or quetions you can comment below!